Sunday, June 1, 2008

Mangoes - Grade "i"

I was supposed to be writing a few beautiful words about the "king of fruits" before submitting my handiwork to Indira's Mango Manthram event but alas! my piece isn't ready yet. (boo-hoo!) I procrastinated for too long before actually starting to "work" on it during the Memorial Day weekend. To make up, since the past weekend I have diligently put to use any bit of leisure time I managed to steal. So here's my submission to this event which is still incomplete (hence the grade "i"). Amma and I have been putting some serious time and thought into this for quite some time and I am proud to say it is a joint collaboration. My sincere thanks to Indira for giving my family and me a chance to share these beautiful moments of working together. We do hope to finish it soon and this post will be appropriately updated.


The Three Mangoes


Another view

A little bit about The Three Mangoes -
Yeah! In reality it is a pattern with three mangoes in it. Appa and Amma came up with the idea and a draft. I drew out what they conceptualized. With my dear friend Nisha's help, the arduous task of deciding the stitches was figured out. We have used long and short stitches for filling up the mango(es) and chain stitch for the stem, leaf outline and leaf veins. The leaf(ves) itself was filled up with simple long stitch. As you can see, I am yet to fill up the two other mangoes and the leaf. My justification for even attempting to submit is that the single mango with the leaf still qualifies as a “very” mango piece for Mango Manthram.

3 comments:

FewMinute Wonders said...

Better late than never as they say, the mango that you have completed is very nice indeed. I am sure the other 2 mangoes will turn out just fine. Keep working and please post them when you are done,I would love to see it.

Kay said...

Wow! That's very beautiful! :) You've got some talent there!!

Veda said...

lovely embroidery there!!!!